Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mum




Most of you know Ross and I have just been away on holidays with my Mum and Dad, and I took lots of pictures, but just have had the time to post then yet, as from the time we got home Mum has been ill, she was in hospital for a week with Viral Pneumonia, but just didn’t seem to be getting any better, so lots of test where done and last week they told us Mum has Emphysema.
The thing here is my Mum has never smoked, she got it from Passive Smoking, no matter how far back in Mum live you go, there been a smoker, from my Grandfather who smoked to the day he died, to my Dad who gave up twenty five years ago.
But the biggest trouble I think was Mum and Dad had a hotels, in the days when everyone smoked inside, the bar would smell smoke, you could see it in the air, your cloths would smell of smoke, back then, there was no fans to suck the smoke out of the room.
Magnet was a mining town, just about every man at that bar had a cigarette in their hand, my Dad was one of these men, I’ve seen men and woman, sit at hotel bars and light cigarette after cigarette and yes my Dad was one of this kind of smokers too, he always had cigarette in his hand.
Back then we did not know what could happen with Passive Smoking, now we do.
I’m not telling you this to try and stop anyone from smoking, I don’t have the right to do that, I telling it to you, so you may think about who around you, when you smoke, your young Children and Grandchildren, can’t, just get up and leave the room. I’m not asking anyone to stop smoking, I guess what I’m asking is for you to think of your Children and Grandchildren, thirty years on in life, don’t let them be where my Mum is now.
Mum is now improve little, she still get very puffed, but doing a little more each day, she is in the early stages of Emphysema and has been put on medication and they are working to get her as well as she can be.

S.M. Mac Arthur ©

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you well, Sue and family ... have a good festive season. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I´m so sorry about your mum...poor thing.I hope she gets better soon. I quit smoking a month ago. Thanks for visiting my blog by the way. I wish you a Merry Xmas and an Happy New Year as well. Take care of your mum (and your dad), your lucky to still have them, mine is gone.//Babbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mum i am so very sorry xxx be hugs x xx

    ReplyDelete